Monday, May 18, 2009

Bake, Bake, Bake

That seems like all I have been doing lately! I made a cake for my mother-in-laws 50th birthday party. I had so much fun doing it! The only problem was is that it was about 100 degs outside and Royal Icing just doesnt like that kind of weather!
As you can see my 4 layers started to slowly melt away from the once very smooth sides. I melted white chocolate and piped out SUSIE and a bunch of 50's on lollipop sticks. I even piped out a paisly design for the bottom. I used red wire and put gold and silver beads that dangled from the top of the cake. If you had a craving for chocolate you should have been there!!

Kanin had teacher appreciation week at school. I had Brittany over so I helped them make Fruitloop Bars (like Rice Krispy Treats) for their teachers. They had a fun time making them and were very proud to hand them out.

Kanin lost his 5th tooth! Would you believe that the Tooth Fairly forgot to come and stop by that night though!! Oops!! Well, he pulled it after 9:00 p.m. so I think it was too late for her to get the message that it was under his pillow. So, he put it under his pillow the next night and she brought him $5.00!! He was very excited!













At the beginning of May we went to a Stockton Ports game with East County Little League. The boys had a great time and for $7.00 a ticket you just cant beat it! They got to meet Splash and Kanin got to walk out on the field before the game started. The coach of our team didnt go so "Team Mom" got to walk out with the boys! It was raining that day but it didnt hold us back at all!
So, now I am getting ready for the end of the season baseball party. We will be having it here on June 13th. Keyvin has been cleaning up the yard so it's not such a rush a few days before. We will have 12 boys here along with their parents and siblings. Our house will be pretty full but we enjoy entertaining!



No comments:

Post a Comment

My Loves

music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones